Thursday, July 08, 2010

Zoo, Evelyn's glasses and seen and heard

ZOO DAY



Every summer we tried really hard to take our kids to the zoo because to me it is a learning experience for them. Last two year we were in D.C area which we get to go for free so this year we find out if we go it will cost $15 for adult and $11 for kids I did some research they do the community day on Tuesday everyone can get in for $7. We planned and went last Tuesday I told Evelyn we have to wake up early to go so that Daddy can come back and work. She woke up before any of us and all dressed up ready to go. It was very rare for her to wake up early she usually wake up around 9-10 o'clock. I don't know what she would do when fall come she is going to kindergarten in the morning so we will see what happen. Anyway it was really fun we spend around three hours there, Indianapolis zoo is small but it got almost everything. Evelyn liked the dolphin show and Desmond liked to feed the giraffe and the elephant. Their favorite has to be getting wet in the splash playground we didn't bring any swimsuit for them but they don't care it was a hot day too I guess it was good way to cool them down. We all had so much fun and have to give big thanks to daddy make the sacrifice after we came home the kids took a bath and J has to go to work right away and didn't get home till like 2:00 am. He already knew that he has to work late but he still wants to wake up early with us so that we can have some family time. We sure love Daddy to be with us and know he is a good father and good husband.

EVELYN GOT HER GLASSES
Since Evelyn is going to school this fall they require her to do the vision screening test and found out she needs to have glasses which make J and I worry at first because we both don't have glasses and worry what kind of challenge she will face in school, however, Evelyn shows a lot of excitement for it and one episode of Sesame street showing a little girl getting her glasses which helped her to understand she is not the only one. We finally took her to get one and she is very happy.


SEEN AND HEARD
The other day I was looking for Desmond and find him under the bed.

Me: Buddies, what are you doing under the bed ?
D: I am fixing the car.
D: Can you hand me the tools ?
M: saw a whole brunch of things on the carpet and ask you mean the Mickey Mouse
D: Nope! the tools.
D: I don't need you, can you get Evelyn.
so Evelyn came in few seconds later and hand him the tools (The Mickey Mouse toys we have)
Okay, I understand I am not cool enough to play along with you my son.

2 comments:

Shaunel said...

Ha ha ha! I love Desmond fixing the car! SO CUTE!!! His hair is getting so long, and Christy, you're going to pop soon! Tell Evelyn she looks adorable in glasses :)

Ryan and Bethany said...

Evelyn looks adorable in her glasses! Your kids are so sweet!