Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Family letter

This is our family letter and we send it out every fast Sunday to our family member since J is not contributing this blog too much so I decide to put in on our blog because what he wrote is very beautiful and I hope you would enjoy it as much as our family did.

Dear Family, Feb-7-2010

Today was officially P-Day. Earlier, Evelyn couldn’t get her pants off in time to avoid the release all over her and the floor. Later, Christy was putting the kids in the bath, when all of a sudden, she screams, and the naked kids come scrambling into my room and climb under the covers. Evelyn is screaming, “Mommy scared us!” I ask, “What happened?” Christy comes marching into the room and exclaims, “Desmond peed on me!” She turns to reveal the wet back of both pant legs, low and high. Once again Desmond’s cute, cheeky grin gets him out of trouble as we all roll on the bed laughing.

The kids are such a joy as usual. Desmond is talking more and more each day. He and his sister are the best of friends. It doesn’t mean they don’t get on each other’s nerves, but they really don’t have anybody else. It’s such a joy to see Evelyn take care of her little brother, or to see Desmond hold her down and tickle her, because she’s too wimpy to push him off.
Most of you have heard, but just in case you haven’t, Christy is expecting around August 4th. We’ve gone to a birthing center with midwives for the pre-natal check-ups, and have enjoyed the experience so much more than a typical doctor’s visit. Christy enjoys the service, and the mid-wife experience. I enjoy the price. It’s 1/6 the cost of going to the doctor. They spend almost an hour with Christy of quality care, compared to the rushed 5 minutes of a doctor in Utah did. Even if we end up going to a hospital in the end, for the pre-natal visits it’s so worth it.

A corporate position just opened up in Pinnacle, and even though it’s not the greatest and it would be a pay cut, we’ve decided that it would all be worth it to have some stability, and be close to friends and family. So if you could pray and send positive energy our way we would appreciate it. I’m getting really tired of babysitting guys who sometimes don’t know their elbow from a pair of pliers. Dad and Grandpa drilled into our heads pretty well –Go to school or you’ll be digging ditches all your life!- I always thought it ironic since we were usually digging a ditch, or fixing a fence at the time. But what I’ve come to understand, is that we were digging, pounding, and throwing because we are blessed with the choice to, and not out of desperation.
My technicians remind me so much of the young walkers I worked with at Anasazi. Complete with crude language and addictions. When we would receive our weekly food packs out on the trail the unwise and inexperienced kids would tear into everything tasty right away, bypassing the more substantial lentils, oats, and rice. By the end of the week they were starving and trying to trade Lentils for Tang! I shared this story with my techs, since they have all been struggling to manage their money. It’s extremely frustrating to have them ask for a loan for gas, so that they can go work, when I’m watching them suck down a $.50 cancer stick right in front of me. I know I’m not perfect, and I’ve been in similar shoes. The lessons, gospel, and stories I received growing up have taught me where to find the truth. We’ve been extremely blessed because of our ancestry. There have been times when I might have been embarrassed to share the gospel with co-workers, but now I do it almost on a daily basis, even if I’m not directly talking about the church. This might seem like such a no-brainer, but what I’ve come to realize is without feeling the spirit, there’s not enough motivation to do something like quit smoking. There’s no “why” to quit without knowing something better, happier, and cheaper!:) The Lord has been blessing me with missionary experiences, but I feel like I’ve been blowing opportunities, because I’m not relying on the spirit to guide me what to say. More so, I’m just relying on my own intellect to try and convince someone. Guess what? It never works! I feel humbled, and I know that I need the Lord’s guidance.

It was really great during Christmas. In fact, the week after the holidays, I went to work by myself, and it was one the loneliest, miserable weeks I’ve had. I went from pure heavenly bliss to the exact opposite. It was a really good example of how important family is, and staying close.

Dad- The past 4 years have been amazing, keep up the memories.
Mom- Thanks for the sewing machine advice, I got it working!

Renato,
Voce `e bem legal, fique com Deus!

Con mucho amor,
Los Browns de Texas!

Don’t Mess with Texas, Remember the Almo, Texas is my country, Everything is bigger in Texas!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a beautiful family letter! I hope the job opportunity works out for you. We'll say a few prayers for you.

Cindy Brown said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I hope your plans work out. Congratulations on your baby. Miss you guys!

Beverly J. said...

Enjoyed your blog. I check it frequently. These blogs help us stay connected to the family. Would love to have you closer. Time for Grandpa to make some memories with the "greats." He's already shared with the "grands." Grandpa will be 81 in May and believe it or not, is slowing down - a bit. Four insulin shots a day limit his freedom a little. He shares family memories with me frequently - guess I should try to get some recorded. Family and communication is the most important thing in the here and now. We loved seeing you at Christmas and anxiously await a new "great." Hope to see you soon. We send our love.

Thomas said...

:)
Love you guys.

Ryan and Bethany said...

I love to hear about how you and your family is doing!