I felt very impressed of what she wrote even though she is not going to come back to the same place but she still clean up really good and remain hopeful of her future. We started from Independent,MO, Liberty Jail, Far West, Nauvoo, and end up Carthage Jail. My favorite place is the historic site in Nauvoo and the whole time I kept telling J I wouldn't mind coming again to visit every shops. It is just so much to see and I am very amazed of their development within that six year they were there and now the town was so quiet. Cathage Jail made me feel like I am with Joseph Smith and I really know he is the prophet of GOd. Before this trip I had no clues of all the name of Doctrine and Covenant talk about and now it means a lot to me. J and I decided to have scripture study on that topic. I am pretty excited. I upload the pictures on facebook and here are some.
We play, laugh, tease, argue, and love each other. The most important things is we like to be with each other.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Church history tour
We had safely arrived in Maryland and during the drive we spend two days for the church history tour. It was very awesome and I think anyone should do it because you could have a better understand how much the pioneer had sacrificed for us. The tribulations which the church pioneer had been through was beyond our understandings. When president Hicnkley dedicated the Nauvoo Temple he invited us to take a few minute walk of the trails of hope which is where the pioneer lined up to cross the Mississippi river and depart of Nauvoo. On the trail of hope there are some journals entry from the pioneers and they describe the feelings that they had and how they felt about their future. There is one I especially like "My last act on the precious spot was to tidy the rooms, sweep up the floor, and set the broom in its accustomed place behind the door. Then with emotions in my heart..... I gently closed the door and faced unknown future, faced with a faith in God and with no less assurance of the ultimate establishment of the Gospel in the west and of its true, enduring principles, than I had felt in those trying scene in Missouri."Bethsame Smith"
I felt very impressed of what she wrote even though she is not going to come back to the same place but she still clean up really good and remain hopeful of her future. We started from Independent,MO, Liberty Jail, Far West, Nauvoo, and end up Carthage Jail. My favorite place is the historic site in Nauvoo and the whole time I kept telling J I wouldn't mind coming again to visit every shops. It is just so much to see and I am very amazed of their development within that six year they were there and now the town was so quiet. Cathage Jail made me feel like I am with Joseph Smith and I really know he is the prophet of GOd. Before this trip I had no clues of all the name of Doctrine and Covenant talk about and now it means a lot to me. J and I decided to have scripture study on that topic. I am pretty excited. I upload the pictures on facebook and here are some.




I felt very impressed of what she wrote even though she is not going to come back to the same place but she still clean up really good and remain hopeful of her future. We started from Independent,MO, Liberty Jail, Far West, Nauvoo, and end up Carthage Jail. My favorite place is the historic site in Nauvoo and the whole time I kept telling J I wouldn't mind coming again to visit every shops. It is just so much to see and I am very amazed of their development within that six year they were there and now the town was so quiet. Cathage Jail made me feel like I am with Joseph Smith and I really know he is the prophet of GOd. Before this trip I had no clues of all the name of Doctrine and Covenant talk about and now it means a lot to me. J and I decided to have scripture study on that topic. I am pretty excited. I upload the pictures on facebook and here are some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved our Nauvoo trip too. I really want to go back there again. The spirit there is amazing! Thanks for sharing.
I really want to do a church history tour. Looks like you guys are having fun :)
Looks like an awesome trip! I am so glad you were able to do and see everything!
I went there too.
Post a Comment