Monday, March 30, 2009

50K running and Antelope Island

Congratulations!!!!! to my lovely husband finished that crazy race and we had a lot of fun. When J told me that he is going to run 50K (32 miles) I am like are you are kidding me. I thought he is kidding and then I saw him really register and make plan for training. I realized that he is really doing that. During his training he had Knees injuries and it actually happened like two weeks before the actual race and the longest he had ever trained is 22 miles. I thought to myself maybe there is a chance he won't able to finish the race. He proved me wrong on Saturday when he was running strong to the finish line. It was really cool to see him reach that finish line and all that hard work he had put into it. It paid off. He told me he was so close to give up but whenever he thought about us (family) he knew he has to go on and finish it. I admire his effort and in fact it is very inspiring. He decided to run when we came back to Utah because we don't want to pay the gym fees. He just really liked it and decided to challenge himself. He had really show me that he can make the impossible possible. I will let the pictures to tell the story.



























































Also we all got to go to Antelope Island the day before the race and camp out. What were we thinking, we were camping out on a freezing cold day and try to save money to buy $10 sleeping bag in Walmart and it was so cold. From now on no more $10 sleeping bag and we need to get the right stuff. Evelyn was so funny and the whole night she kept saying "I want to go home" poor kid. The next day while J was in the race we were just wandering about the island with his brother and cousin. We went to the salt beach. Evelyn and Desmond love it and kept touching the sand. Of course I am trying to stop them with no success. I didn't mention that J's brother is running with him and he did really good. He got the first place on his age group. He said that "I could not have done this without J- he made all the preparations and made it all possible." I really like their brotherly love and it often remind me how a strong family he has. It really made my testimonies grow when I saw them both love each other so much. Family is the center of the gospel if we stayed strong we could resist temptation and helped each to be better. Often time I always think of my family in Hong Kong I would wish that if they have the gospel my parents won't have to divorce or they won't make bad choices. I think I would want to follow J's family example and hold our family strong with experiences like that I always vert grateful to have gospel in my life. It is very wonderful and the lord had blessed us tremendously. We are moving to the East cast in about a week and we are very busy on selling stuff and doing errands. We had so much stuff I can't believe how much clutter we had accumulated. Alright I think I talked too much and maybe I am kind of emotional today. Anyway Abbey and Alexis I will see you in a week we should party somehow and I need you guys to inspire me to crochet again.

4 comments:

Cindy Brown said...

Hi Christy,
I like reading your blog. Have fun in the East.

Unknown said...

Wow Christy, J ran 32 miles!!?? Tell him good job for me. That is so awesome. I am glad he pushed to the end. I can't wait to talk to him about it sometime. Have fun back east.

mag said...

good job J... and it does looks so cold.....

Molly Malia said...

hello brown family!
congrats on the run! i could never run 32 miles!