I felt really grateful we still have a home and you can shower when you wake up is really a luxury think about our ancestor they don't have half of the things we have now and they are a lot happier than us. In this bad economy time I think people have a lot of lessons to learn from it. Isn't it our grandparents is the saver and we should follow it. Our life can be really simple we don't need a lot of materials things to make us happy. I felt like we are still young and be able to change our spending habit. J and I have some goals in mind, last year we paid off half of our debt and we decide not to buy things in credit anymore we only buy things in cash.

This year we pretty much have the same goal to pay off the rest of the debt and become debt free and save up one year emergency fund. We are pretty crazy about it we decide to work for pinnacle all year and rent out our house so that it will speed up the process to pay off our debt. Also a big change this year is to create a budget and follow it which we have never done it before, we are never big spender but to have something to restrict us it will help us to be more responsible.
We are going to move around a lot therefore, we need a bigger car, at first we were thinking to get a loan but we had a hard time to obtain it and doesn't feel right. We start thinking maybe if we sell our stuff we would come up with some money to buy a decent car in cash so we did some Math and ask Heavenly father for help to find a car that fit for our family. According to our budget we can only afford to pay $5500 with taxes and everything. I saw an ad on KSL of a 2002 Suzuki XL7 for sale at the same price and it only has 62,000 mileage on it so we went and test drive it and felt that it is the right car. We told the dealership owner we only have $5500 and if it costs more than $5500 we will have to wait for next month to get it. He was nice enough to let us pay $5500 this month and the rest of it with two payment of $300 with 0 interest so we bought it. I was surprised he offers to do it because the car is a really good deal already and I know Heavenly father has helped us a lot with the buying process.
Our family has upgraded our car to 2002 we never own a car before the year of 2000 we are very happy. Anyway J was telling me the other day he thought if we are really end up to camp out, it would be pretty cool. LOL Oh! well! my husband has always very positive and I agree with him if we are still camp out together it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I had learned that things are things and you can't take it with you when you died.
2 comments:
Christy,
I saw the same show and was having very similar feelings. How blessed we all are. We are excited that you guys got a new car! How fun and that will be so nice with you guys moving and everything. We will see you guys on saturday
I am glad that you wrote about this! We have been working on reducing our debt as well. It's scary to think about the hard times ahead, but you are right, we have to be so grateful for all of our blessings!
Post a Comment