Sunday, February 01, 2009

Tribute to my grandmother

Today I got an e-mail from my brother, he told me that my grandmother died yesterday. I felt very sad this morning when I found out but when we went to church I felt comforted. Both of my grandfather had died before I was born and I never got to know them them my mom mother died while I was 7 years old so I didn't know her really much either but my father side grandmother I am pretty happy that I get to know her better and have a relationship with her. My dad side has a small family and only have two kids so we have 5 first cousin. My grandmother raised three of my cousin and my grandfather died so early that she raised two of the son all by herself as well I don't know how she did that and her accomplishment is tremendous and I have a lot of respect of her. My brother had told me on the phone before she died she had hided some pictures took with me and it was like she had been prepared her dying is coming. As I heard that my tears was coming down and I couldn't even talked for a while. I remembered one time I was home alone and I was like 11 and don't know how to cook both my mom and dad are not home and she called me and want to say hi I told her I didn't know what to do alone at home. She quickly came to my house and cooked me lunch and I would never forget that experience and how willing she is to help me and show love to me. She is very wonderful lady I really hope that she will rest in peace for the time being I can't be in Hong Kong but we are planning to go in October if anything goes well. Grandmother I love you and hope you are happy with our Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You tell a beautiful story about her. She sounds like a very kind woman.

Kahilau said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing those precious memories about your grandmother. We are praying for you and your family. We know you will find a way of connecting with your family even though you are so far away.

Beverly J. said...

Dear Christy,

We are so very sorry for the loss of your dear Grandmother. It is especially difficult, I know, because of being so far away from your side of the family. Hold those good memories of her in your heart and as a great example for your own children. Love, Grandpa and Beverly

J and Christy Brown family said...

Thanks for all you guys love and kind words. I am really grateful for great friends and family.