Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Summer

Ever since Aug 08, 08 I had been very crazy about the Olympics, it is very inspiring and a lot of the athletics are so young and surprise the rest of the world and some didn't do as good than they expected I found it very painful to watch the Olympians to cry if they didn't reach their goal. Can you believe that working so hard for 4 year and didn't achieve what you want. Anyway I did learn a lot from them I am really admire their determination and hard work. I think we all should do the same if you really want to be good at something it really takes work. We couldn't just sit around to whine and wish that we can do better so right now I felt like I have post Olympics Syndrome and all of the sudden I couldn't find anything to watch and I really miss the excitement. :)
This summer has come to the end and our family had decided to stayed in Maryland for one more month for a lot of reasons and mainly we can make more money plus J doesn't have a job. He had decided to study his GMAT and took it very seriously. I was so surprise he actually now interested in Algebra and Math. He told me he wanted to be better at that. We had a very fun summer even though some of our friends didn't agree with us to leave our home and move away for four month to do this job. We had prayed about it before we made this decision and everything works out very good. I had enjoyed hanging out with Abbey and Alexis, they are great friends it was a plus to get to know their family also the opportunities to go to New York and do all the sight seeing and visit friends, you can't trade for that. Right. There is a mall within walking distance by our apartment so the kids and I will go sometime. We met a lady she is an ABC and own the Chinese food stand in the mall. I got to know her very good and every time she sees us she gives us free food and I am very grateful for her hospitality, smile and kindness to my kids. She is very nice lady and it is a pleasure to meet her. On thursday I want to give her a Book of Mormon, I felt like the spirit had asked to me do it and I shouldn't hesitate. I really want her to know the gospel had brought me happiness and guys pray for me on thursday to know what to say. I will miss her dearly, she also told me she wants to come visit me. I really hope she will because she has brighten my life during this summer. Being in Maryland has been a terrific experience for our family. I come to love this state more and more each day and I felt like we had come to the right time, this Olympics Michael Phelps had won eight gold medals and of course he is the spot light for the media and I think especially the TV station in Maryland we saw his poster, commercial, his mom everywhere and I had seen some of his interviews and he had talked about Baltimore and the place he grew up. I felt more connected because I knew what he is talking about and actually been those places not that it is very special but I just felt that it is pretty cool and I admit that I admire him with a young age and has such an performances I would say that is a legend.
Tomorrow my son will be one year old and I felt like he was just born yesterday. We are going to Hershey Park to celebrate his birthday then on this Saturday Abbey and Alexis will come and have a party for him. He is very adorable it is so hard to get mad at him especially he is an mommy boy. He is a little guy like his sister. Always smile and in a good mood. He only cries when he is hungry or tired. He had been a very easy baby, started to sleep through the night when he was 6 weeks. Now he is walking, destroy things and dancing. He likes to play with his sister even though he doesn't know how to play with her yet but I am surprise sometime you will hear them laughing or stay in the room to play toys just the two of them his walking ability has surprise a lot of people and I think it is because he is smaller so he can lift up his body easier; his personality is different than Evelyn and it is very easy to tell the different between boys and girls. Desmond we love you and Happy birthday.

No comments: