On Saturday we went to the Empire State Building in Manhattan since our hotel is in White Plain so we needed to drive to Bronx and found parking there then jump on the subway, Ben said (J's brother) it is the best way because it is awful to try to park downtown. The building has 86 floor and there were a lot of people of course. We got to the top and view the downtown from up high. I enjoy the view and the different style of each building. After that we headed to see the famous Status of Liberty. Then we met with some members of Ben's mission. We didn't do much on Sunday just hang out with the family of Ben's baptized. Actually it was kind of humbling I guess in Latino culture they are more open. When you first met them they would always share their testimony to you. Sometime I don't understand how come I couldn't do it even though I treasured the gospel so much. This is something I need to work on to open my mouth and not be afraid to share my testimony to other people.
Monday was our big day we visited three places. We went to the Brooklyn Bridge it felt like I am in a movie, then to the World Trade Center and we also went to their tribute center. I was very educated afterward of what had happened on 911 since I was on my mission I didn't know really much about the whole things. The whole time I felt so devastated and still can't believe how can people did such a thing. I saw a lot of picture of the people who have died and the message from their family. I was speechless and till now I can't even come up with a word to describe how I felt. I just hope that we will never forget what happened and take it as lesson to remind us that bad things did happen to good people so be grateful we are still here. Then we headed to Central Park and we strolled at the park for a bit. We were all hungry and didn't want Pizza anymore, I think people in New York must love pizza there are tons everywhere and of course we ate a lot of it over this trip end up we just went to a random food court.
Our trip to New York was marvelous and the whole time it really felt like you were in a movie because a lot movie was filmed in New York. I missed Hong Kong so much and hope next year I would be able to go if my passport concern got resolved. The east coast of the United Stated is very different than the west and so far I like it. I felt so lucky to see different places. It gave me experiences and see things in a different ways. If you read this far I am very happy and I hope I am not bored you to death.
2 comments:
it's fun to see what you guys did in New York.. i miss NYC too... it was fun living there...
How fun! I'm glad you put a description on your blog. What a neat trip to go on.
Post a Comment