We play, laugh, tease, argue, and love each other. The most important things is we like to be with each other.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Fun in the Sun!!!!
The summer had come and gone and it is so fast. We had a GREAT summer and we don't have to relocate for J's work( Pinnacle) J and I are both so gald we are not working for Pinnacle anymore for we know that it is the best decision to quit at this time but we did have our fun while working for them so where should we start....
Swimming lesson
I decided it is time to introduce the kids to the water so they both have swimming lesson this year. I took Desmond to YMCA and Evelyn had that with her school. Desomd is still scare in the water but he learns to swim with his floatie on. Evelyn is doing awesome in her swiming lesson from totally scare to loving it within two week now I think she is ready for intermediate level next year. J's grandparent had a pool very close by our house and it is a good way for us to cool off in HOT phoenix and every time we went it is so hard to get her out of the water. I still can't believe how fast she progress if you knew her when she was younger she was so scare of the water and go swimming would be the last thing that she wanted to do but now she always wants to go. She must live up to here middle name "Ocean" and the fact she was born in Hawaii. LOL! She is determined if she wants to do something I remembered one time she was working on diving and she keeps trying till she gets it without us pusing her. We are so pround of her she is very brave and hardworking.
Famiy Reunion
This year we had two one for Jack Brown who is J's grandpa and one for Joseph Albert Brown. They are both so fun. We ate, drank, and be married. That basically sum it up but we did hang out and catch up with family members. It is always great to see everybody and strengthen and support each others. It is comforting to know that our family is eternal. J likes to share to other people how great his family is and the great heritage that he came from. We always feel joyful around families. It took a lot of work and effort to organize family reunion and I am so grateful we get to attend because it is truly a blessing in our life especially for our kids. They can hang on to the memories. We are so blessed to have a location (Homestead) to hold it. The sacrifice that J's great grandfather made to live there for six months by either walk to work, or rode his horse. I don't really know the whole story. All I know is his prosperity are very blessed of their sacrifice. I almost forgot not only the kids have fun Daddy got to mountain biking from green peak and hang out with his brothers. He was very joyful afterward and love outdoor.
The kids played a lot of game with their cousins and everyday they played in the dirt and not care being dirty. It is liked a heaven to them. The highlight is in the Joseph Albert Brown reunion they had a race about 1.5 mile. Desmond wanted to run it so bad and we didn't take him seriously but he almost cried when I told him you couldn't run it so I was going run with him with my flip flop luckily J's cousin Kara wouldn't mind running with him. He ran it and Kara told me he did run for a while before asking to be carry. He did a good job and we love him.
Sewing
It is a new hobbies for me since I got a sewing machine on 2009 Christmas. I am just loving it I made a hat, two dresses, a little purse, a couple of skirts for me and Evelyn. I still have project going on. I am planning to sew a messenger bag for my son birthday to church so hopefully I will get it done now that I said that in here. There is a quilt waiting for me in the cupboard to sew. I just need to open it and work on it. It just mades me very happy to create and see my kids love the stuff I made for them.
Indi Mae Birthday
I almost missed this event while I wrote this post. We were up in St. Johns J's parents house. We had a little party for this little girl. She is happy to see the decorations, cake and persents. She grew up very fast and her personality had shown more and more. She did appear to be very sweet but don't let her fool you. She could be very strong will sometime. I had seen her win a fight with Desmond and Evelyn. Well! we still love her very much and you really can't resist of her smile and cuteness. She is not walking yet, taking a few steps here and there. We try to help here walk by holding her hand but she choose not to. It will come and will keep you posted.
We really have fabulous summer and thank you for all of YOU being part of it. Right now the summer is over we need to get back to the routine with school, church, callings, friends...etc. My life is always busy with something but I love every minutes of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow.....what a Summer! I want to make quilts too.....just I still own Da many scrapbooks! =( I better work on those first.
Post a Comment