Thursday, April 07, 2011

Settle in Phoenix

It has been a month now that we were here in Phoenix, AZ and finally I got some routine going on. There are a lot of things happening but let say that we are grateful to have a place to stay, clothes to wear and food to eat. We got a puppy. Yeah!!!! Evelyn named him Oscar and he is a boxer and there are a lot of work with him: to get him train, teaching him not to jump on people. We learned so much about dog lately and they are really smart animal. The reason why we get a puppy is our neighbour had lots of boxer puppy running around and we saw them in their yard everyday and couldn't resist their cuteness and also remember that movie "Marley and Me" which made me cried like a baby. J went and asked are those puppy for sale. He said yes and offer a pretty good price so we decide to provide a good home for Oscar and hopefully he will be our kids comfort when they have a bad day from school or whenever they feel sad. J is very busy in law school and he is working very hard everyday. Evelyn was asking to go to school so finally I register her in Encanto Elementary school and she loves it. They have a spanish immersion program so they spend one week spanish completely and one week in English. In her old school they taught Spanish too but just some conversation type but this school will teach her to read in Spanish as well. She already had friends when I went there to have lunch with her yesterday. The teacher said she is very sweet and surprised she is dong so well even cmoing in very late in the school year.

Desmond on the other hand missed Evelyn so much while she was in school. They had never separted for that long during the day (6 hours) Desmond always ask me "Where is Evelyn? I want to play with her or he will bring out the pony stuff and told me it is Evelyn favorite toy I want to play with her! Hopefully he get used to it soon right now he is pretty annoyed with his little sister Indi who always get into his stuff.

Indi is a happy girl no matter rain or shine. She likes to smile to everyone and very good baby. We enjoy her so much. She is very mobile now and get into everything. I started cloth diaper with her about a month ago and loving it. I thought I would hate it but no. Nowaday cloth daiper is not safey pin anymore they are actually really cute and well made. It saves us tons of money. We uesd to spend $40 a month having diposal diaper. I bought about a dozen and half cloth diaper which will last for about two days. I spend about $200 and might have to spend $100 more but they are all one size fit till potty train if you do the Math you would know how much money we are saving, and also consider the fact that kids are potentially on daiper for three years. It is so much better for the enviroment as well. I just find out it took 500 year for the diaper to decompose!!! Of course there are cons to wash them which is not even that bad now that I learn more. I just watch them in a washing machine if it is just not poopy diaper, with dirty diaper I just rinse them once and them watch them with hot water. The washing machine will do all the work for you. The stain part was my most worry however I find out that the sun or UV light is the best stain remover and now I just sun dry them. Since we moved to Phoenix we had taken the advanage to sun dry our clothes which I love, I had grown up put clothes on the cloth line and felt like back to my root. It also took a lot of trials and errors to get the right fit but it all worth it now.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute new pup! So glad to hear about all that you guys are up to. Love you all!

Shaunel said...

Way to do cloth diapers. brave! The puppy is adorable :)